United Way of Central Florida is hosting a contest to see which participating organization in Polk, Hardee or Highlands County can collect much needed food for our local food banks and pantries, as well as build the most creative and visually captivating sculpture out of donated non-perishable food. BUILD UNITED!
Publix Super Markets Charities will donate $1 for every can collected, up to $50,000.These funds will be invested in Financial Education classes at a few of the organizations where families will be picking up food. These classes can make the difference of whether a family or individual needs to return to a food pantry or not.
- COLLECT as many non-perishable food items as you can! We are accepting donations from now until April 10 and we want to help our local food pantries as much as possible.
- DROP your donations off at our office:Camp Fire Sunshine Central Florida | 2600 Buckingham Avenue, 33803 | M-F, 9 am – 5 pm:
- VOTE for our sculpture on UWCF's Facebook page from April 13 – 23! There will prizes for many different categories, including the grand prize "Golden Can Award"!
- BRING your friends/family and make plans to join us from 4 – 7 pm on Tuesday, April 10 to help us assemble our food donation sculpture! (Trust us…it's going to be awesome!)
- CELEBRATE with us! Winners will be announced on April 24 on UWCF's Facebook page!